2/22/11

The egg


I wish I had a nickel for every egg I've ever eaten. I really wish I had a nickel for every egg that Bob has eaten. I wish I could send my servings to someone who really needs them. If I had a nickel for every egg I've ever loved, I could by a twinkie.
My pleasure in eggs is in direct relationship to the sauce, butter, herb, chutney, pesto or almost any other substance applied to them. But all the health articles recommend eating the whites only…THE WHITES ONLY. I can think of many uses for egg whites, but ingesting them isn't one of them.
Breakfast is Bob's favorite meal. He prefers his eggs poached and likes to fix his own because of what happens to them when I cook. He scrambles mine because he knows I like at least a molecule of yolk in every bite.
My hat is off to anyone who can eat a cold hard boiled egg.