2/10/11

Oh yes...

I made the most awesome minestrone soup last night...the best I've ever made. I wish I could put a sample on here.
Instructions: Saute chopped onion, carrots, celery in a little olive oil. Put a sprig of chopped rosemary into the pot, then add 1 can (14oz) of chopped tomatoes, 1 can pinto beans, 1 can black beans, coarse salt & ground pepper, 1 diced potato, 1/4 head savoy cabbage chopped or thinly sliced. Add about 7 cups of water...bring to a boil, then simmer for 20-30 minutes. Add 1 chopped garlic clove & a couple of tablespoons of basil pesto near the end. I also added 1 cup of browned Italian sausage for Bob who is carnivorous. We ate it with bread & some grated cheese (Pecorino Romano because it's cheap at Costco & really tasty). 
PS: This is a "seat of the pants" recipe...you can put in as much as you want of anything & add your own favorite stuff.